No products in the cart.
Roval Alpinist CLX II Tubeless 700c Front Wheel
Mouse over to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Feel your bike come alive on the open road with the new Alpinist CLX II—the lightest, best-handling clincher wheels we have ever made. Hyper-responsive acceleration, magic in the corners, sublime over rough roads, all elevated with the performance of a tubeless system. There’s no room for a single excess gram whether you’re chasing summits or ride quality because perfection is only achieved when there is nothing left to take away.
It takes more than a lightweight rim to deliver the incredible reactivity and handling of the tubeless Alpinist CLX II. The wheelset is designed as a system with our engineers controlling and testing every part of that system—hubs, rims, spokes, lacing—and developing it hand-in-hand with Specialized Tubeless tires. The result is a 1250-gram tubeless wheelset with otherworldly ride quality.
The Alpinist CLX II utilizes a hooked rim (allowing for real-world riding pressures up to 110psi, if that’s your thing) for secure tire bead retention and an easier set up and mounting experience than ever before. All in a wheel that almost doubles current industry impact standards while managing to achieve the lightest weight possible.
Our all-new LFD hubs are the spinning heart of the Alpinist CLX II. We carved 50 grams out of the previous Alpinist CLX hub with new low-profile hub bodies and machined rotor mounts. Inside, DT Swiss EXP internals and SINC ceramic bearings deliver silky-smooth efficiency and outstanding durability.
- Rim: Alpinist CLX Cabon Clincher, 700c, Disc Brake, Tubeless
- Rim Details: 33mm Depth, 27mm External Width, 21mm Internal Width
- Hub: Roval LFD (LFD13/LF14R) Center Lock, DT Swiss 180 Ratchet EXP 36t internals (10 degs), 100x12mm & 142x12mm, Shim. RD. 11SP HG freehub
- Bearing Type: DT Swiss SINC Ceramic Bearings
- Spokes: DT Swiss Aerolite T-head, Front: Radial/One-cross (2:1) 21 count, DS: 276mm, NDS: 290mm, Rear: One-cross/Two-cross (2:1), DS: 288mm NDS: 286mm
- Nipple: DT Swiss Hex Prolock Al 2.0x14mm
- Tire Size: 24mm – 38mm, Max Pressure: 24mm-35mm: Tubeless (110psi) Tubed (130psi), 36mm-38mm: Tubeless (60psi) Tubed (60psi)
- Weight: Wheelset 1,265g, Front 570g, Rear 694g (including 15g, tubeless rim tape and tubeless valve)
- Assembly Method: Hand built at every step, from rim layup to the last nipple turn.
- Extras: Roval Rim Tape, Spare Spoke & Nipple Kit, System Weight Limit: 275lbs/125kg
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
Shopping Cart 0